I’ve seen been seeing jars like this for awhile now. And they seem fun and kind of useful. We’ll see if I’m really going to use these or that they’ll just turn into decoration without a real purpose.
What am I talking about?
The What To Read Next jar of course! (I can’t. But sometimes I just write like this. Help).
I’m sharing with you how I made mine and maybe this will get you inspired to make your own jar.
Let’s get started! (I almost feel like a YouTuber)
The first jar I got is ‘supposed’ to be used for candy. But who really listens to that? I put whatever I want in that jar.
The other is a very big jam jar with a clip.
And as you can see in this photo. The jars are already finished…
I might have forgotten to take a photo of them before I started making them… Oops?
To decorate the jars I found some white and yellow glass markers. Got them at some 1 euro store.
The yellow one kind of looks gross so I didn’t end up using that one.
For the paper I used this paper I found in our attic. I hough it looked pretty cool because every side had a different color.
I also used some washi tape to decorate one of the jars and also used it to make the blue lid a bit more fun.
The only thing you really have to do is:
- Decorate your jars (I got two so I can have one What To Read Next jar and one Books I’ve Read jar)
- Write down the books that you want to read on a piece of paper, cut them out and put them in the jar.
The quotes that I wrote on my Books I’ve Read jar:
- He’s wrong. He’s so wrong. He’s more wrong than a upside down rainbow. But everything he said was so right. (Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi0
- A room without books is like a body without a soul. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
- My thoughts, I think, will soon be found. My mind, I hope, will soon be sound. (Destory Me by Tahereh Mafi)
- Light a canlde for me. I used to whisper to no one. Someone. Anyone. If you’re out there. Please tell me you can feel this fire. (Unite Me by Tahereh Mafi)
Is it obvious that I like the Shatter Me series? Probably not.
I hope you likes this post and I would love to know if you want to make your own jar! Or know any other DIYs that I should know about and try out.